A Little Slice...


Friday, June 23, 2006

Blog Challenge June 23rd

Happy Friday Everyone! I was thinking that something quick and fun was on the boards today. Who wants to work hard on Friday..KWIM?? What is your favorite hobby..other than scrapping???


Well I think that this is a no brainer. It would have to be Photography. Although I hope to one day make it a profession instead of just a hobby. I am in fact in the works of opening up my own studio. I don't just wanna take the same ole kiddie portraits you can get done at Penney's or KiddieKandids etc... I want to do Fine Art black and white custom prints. Where I can go into the darkroom and play! I miss playing in the darkroom! It was funny, just the other day I was at my chiropractors office and she does her own x-rays. Well she also developes them there too and the smell of the chemicals was like ambrosia to my nose! I was transported through time when I would spend litterally 5-7 hours a day in the dark room perfecting my prints.
I have been (secretly...But not really) been brushing up on my lighting skills and I hope to talk Sean into letting me get a studio lighting kit. I broke out my Mamiya RZ and although I haven't used it in over a year, It's really like riding a bike...You never really forget, you just need a refresher. So right now I am trying to line up some models to do some location shots to build up my portfolio. Then I am gonna take my business plan and my portfolio to a bank and see if I can get a loan. I am really trying hard to make this dream a reality!

3 Comments:

  • Well the photos on your blog are amazing!! Hope you make it as a professional photographer.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:20 AM  

  • That is really cool. I hope all your dreams come true.

    By Blogger Andrea, at 7:16 AM  

  • I think you'll do amazing! Good luck with the lighting kit!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home