A Little Slice...


Tuesday, June 06, 2006

J4K Blog challenge 6-6-06

Todays blog challenge is to remember and share where you were when 9-11 happened.

This day didn't affect me like any other person. I mean I watched it unfold before me just like everyone else, except for one big HUGe difference. I was in labor with my daughter Kaylee. We were supposed to have gone in for an induction at 5 am that morning, meanwhile I was already in minor labor. But when I called to see if they had any open beds, they told me to call back at 11 am. So I went back to sleep. The next thing I remember was Sean waking me up and turning on the TV in our bedroom. That is when the second plane hit. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. So I called the hospital and asked if I would be getting in that day (we thought they might be shutting the hospital down for non-emergencies) But eventually did get in there at around 4:30 pm. So the rest of the day I watched this horrific sight from the comfort of a hospital bed. With the pit running and my labor pains getting worse, all I could think about was I wish that my Daughter would not be born on this now infamous day! Thank God that she wasn't she was born the next afternoon at 1:45 pm. Yes, a 22 hour labor will change your perspective on alot of things. In fact I can hardly remember the actual events today. All I really remember is that my beautiful Kaylee was born the day after.

1 Comments:

  • "a 22 hour labour will change your perspective on a lot of things" ...

    NO KIDDING!!!! LOL! Although, in that case I am happy for you it lasted until the next day, I wouldn't want to share a birthday with such a tragic historical event wither ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home