A Little Slice...


Monday, February 13, 2006

So Here's the deep insight

Into my Kaylee. We went to the Children's Center this morning and had an evaluation by a psychologist. FUN!!! The kids (almost) distroyed her office! Of course she had pictures of her office that were much MUCH worse. Anyway, she recomended that Kaylee and I have one on one counseling. Kind of expected that . What I wasn't expecting was when she suggested that Kaylee may have Sensory Integration Dysfunction. I never realized that Kaylee's absolute horror when I tried to comb or wash her hair was a sign of something much deeper. That she hated it when I tried to give her a bath she was in physical pain. I just thought that she was being difficult as usual! I feel HORRIBLE! I am a terrible mommy!

So anyway, we are going to put her on the waiting list to get her into their day program and hopefully she will be able to get into that by next fall. It is 5 days a week 3 hours a day. I am hoping that we can do both that and preschool. Because her birthday falls 12 days after the cut off to get her into kindergarten, she is going to have another year of preschool. I am thinking that this is going to be a VERY bad thing! She is so extremely smart that if she is kept back she will fall into the same trap that her daddy and I fell into. We were both bored in school and even though we were smart we only did "average" work. And eventhough I am not a micro-managing type of mom, I am thinking that I need to be in regards to her schooling.

1 Comments:

  • Dear Laura~
    As a mom I wanted to encourage you not to worry about what you haven't done in the past. Focus on your new info with your daughter and treat her with kindness, love, tolerance and acceptance. Quit worrying about labels and view her as the unique, lovely child she is. You care and that is all that matters. Check out my blog if you get a chance. www.clarkcountydiva.com I have experience on my side and all the kids lived, including a stepdaughter. :) My answer? Double the love.
    Clark County Diva

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home