A Little Slice...


Saturday, April 19, 2008

Soccer and a freebie.

Today was the 1st game day for Spring soccer... And I gotta tell ya, I did not have a blast! Corbin had a REALLY bad morning. First, he was afraid to get on the field with the other kids because they weren't his team. (He was on a team during Fall soccer last year) His team is the Green Gators NOT the Green Dragons... Finally after about 10 minutes of watching the other kids having fun kicking the ball, he decides that he wants to go play. Well after his turn playing he comes and sits down (on top of me) and tells me that he has to go potty. walking back to the field after going potty, he spots a golden retriever that he HAS to pet! And finally we make it back and it is half time. Well let me tell you, you should have seen the face that he made when he saw the orange slices. So half time is over and he gets to play one more time. And I don't know if you all have seen 4 year olds playing soccer, but my Hubby lovingly refers to it as Amoeba-ball. Because watching it, it looks like an amoeba kicking the ball around. Well Corbin was in the middle of this pile-o-kids and of course the domino effect runs its course and some poor little boy reaches out and grabs Corbin 's ear. And what does Corbin do???? He PUNCHES the other little boy... Several times! And all the parents around me were like "did you see that kid throwing punches?" I don't embarrass easily so what they thought meant little to me, but Corbin comes running off the field crying. He never wants to play soccer again! Until 5 minutes before the game is over and he wants to go back in again!

Oh and let me tell you, when the snack is something that your kid 'might' like, don't open it up and let the 50 mph winds take it and throw it across the parking lot. Because you will have a screaming 4 year old in the back seat all the way home!

On the other hand, according to Hubby, Kaylee's Game was AWESOME!! She kicked it in from the sideline and then followed through with a goal! I can't tell you much about this time because I didn't go. Hubs and I are switching off... I go to Corbin's game the week and he goes to Kaylee's. Then next week I will go to Kaylee's and he will go to Corbin's. Oh and Corbin did make a goal. He is getting better at controlling the ball.

So now on to the freebie! YAY!

I love this paper pack! Grungy Grids is a rainbow of 9 beautiful background papers with a subtle painted edge. And the texture on them is Fantastic! I really like how these came out! So without further ado....


Link expired

And once again, if you like em let me know! I really want to hear your feedback on this. Even if you don't like them, Let me know how I can improve!

7 Comments:

  • The jewel tone colors are wonderful.

    Thanks!

    By Blogger Dana, at 3:33 AM  

  • the colors of these papers are FANTASTIC! so vibrant and pretty! thanks for sharing!

    By Blogger Felicia McB, at 7:25 AM  

  • I can't wait to try them - the colors are awesome! Thank you for sharing these!

    By Blogger Shelley Moore, at 12:17 PM  

  • Love these papers, thank you.

    By Blogger ccynden, at 8:35 PM  

  • Thank you so much for the papers, they are super beautiful.

    I think it's great that you and you are hubs take turns to see each kids' game. When they grow up, they'll remember that :)

    By Blogger verabear, at 9:25 PM  

  • These papers look great. Can't wait to have a closer look. Thank you so much for sharing them. I had to laugh during your account of that soccer match. Our girls do not play soccer, but in everything else I was so reminded of my 4 year old.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:16 AM  

  • The Grungy Grids are gorgeous!Thank so much for sharing!

    By Blogger CathyRose, at 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home